Monday, September 08, 2008

Loving Your Neighbor 1

We owe love to everyone.
Owe no one anything, except to love one another; for the one who loves another has fulfilled the law. Romans 13:8

If we fail to love, we do not have God’s love in us.
Those who say, "I love God," and hate their brothers or sisters, are liars; for those who do not love a brother or sister whom they have seen, cannot love God whom they have not seen. I John 4:20

Everyone will know that we are a disciple of Jesus if we love.
Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another. John 13:34-35

We are to do good to everyone.
Whenever we have an opportunity, let us work for the good of all, and especially for those of the family of faith. Galatians 6:10

Everything we do should be done in love.
Let all that you do be done in love. I Corinthians 16:14

If we fail in love, we have failed no matter what other good we do.
If I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give away all my possessions, and if I hand over my body so that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing. I Corinthians 13:2-3

No comments: