Thursday, December 25, 2008

Slavery To Sin

Without Jesus, we are enslaved to sin.
Jesus answered them, "Very truly, I tell you, everyone who commits sin is a slave to sin.” John 8:34

Whatever we focus on, that is what we are enslaved to.
For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. Matthew 6:21

Even the Commands of the Bible encourages our enslavement by telling us what sin is.
I was once alive apart from the law, but when the commandment came, sin revived and I died, and the very commandment that promised life proved to be death to me. Romans 7:7-8

Without the Spirit, we cannot control ourselves.
I am of the flesh, sold into slavery under sin. I do not understand my own actions. For I do not do what I want, but I do the very thing I hate. Romans 7:14-15

Anything we worship or serve outside of God is fundamentally controlled by demons.
I say that the things which the Gentiles sacrifice, they sacrifice to demons and not to God; and I do not want you to become sharers in demons. I Corinthians 10:20

Satan is the god and master of those outside of Christ.
If our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing. In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God. II Corinthians 4:3-4

We cannot have both God and another master.
No one can serve two masters; for a slave will either hate the one and love the other, or be devoted to the one and despise the other. Matthew 6:24

God will judge anyone who is rebellious to him.
And they shall go out and look at the dead bodies of the people who have rebelled against me; for their worm shall not die, their fire shall not be quenched, and they shall be an abhorrence to all flesh. Isaiah 66:24

No comments: